October Lion of the Month: Isaac Almo

Isaac+Almo

Chana Hason

Lion of the Month Isaac Almo

The Lion of the Month is sophomore Isaac Almo. Almo is originally from Seward Park and moved to Mercer Island in 2020. Almo has been a student at NYHS since his freshman year and this year serves on student council as treasurer and manager of the NYHS snack shack. His favorite parts of the year thus far have been returning to school and seeing friends and teachers, new and old. Almo especially enjoys civics and political economy taught by Mr. Kaufman. He finds current events fascinating.

Almo enjoyed spending his summer at Moshava Alevy, a Jewish summer camp located in California. “I had a great time, it was fun meeting new people from different places,” he said. His favorite part of camp was hanging out with new friends. Almo has also been studying in preparation for his driver’s license, which he hopes to obtain in the near future by taking a drivers education course over the summer. “It’s really cool seeing how the road works.”

Outside of school, Almo enjoys watching football, playing video games, and learning Torah, specifically parshiyot. Almo’s goals for this year include making the snack shack as successful as possible by providing a variety of students’ favorite snacks. “I will use the market to determine what the student body is interested in,” he said. Almo hopes this continues until NYHS has the best snack shack for students to enjoy.